Despite being flat out with uni exams at the moment, this Sunday I’m going to publish a quick recipe I use for my cacoa protein balls.
Protein balls are so great as a healthy snack to fill you up. Just try not to go crazy on them, as they are very moreish. I try to use coconut oil because it is nice and filling compared to lots of other cooking oils.
Each ball has about 205 calories and is dense with healthy fats and protein to make it the perfect yummy, healthy snack.
My recipe makes 5. You will need:
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 50g sultanas
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Put all dry ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth
- Put peanut butter and coconut oil in the microwave for 1 minute
- Pour peanut butter/coconut oil mixture into dry ingredients and mix with spoon.
- Using your hands form the mixture into 5 little protein balls
- Place in fridge for an hour
Let me know if you try the recipe out!