Despite being flat out with uni exams at the moment, this Sunday I’m going to publish a quick recipe I use for my cacoa protein balls.
Protein balls are so great as a healthy snack to fill you up. Just try not to go crazy on them, as they are very moreish. I try to use coconut oil because it is nice and filling compared to lots of other cooking oils.
Each ball has about 205 calories and is dense with healthy fats and protein to make it the perfect yummy, healthy snack.
My recipe makes 5. You will need:
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 50g sultanas
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Put all dry ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth
- Put peanut butter and coconut oil in the microwave for 1 minute
- Pour peanut butter/coconut oil mixture into dry ingredients and mix with spoon.
- Using your hands form the mixture into 5 little protein balls
- Place in fridge for an hour
Cocoa Brown ~ How could I choose any other colour?
Let me know if you try the recipe out!
I’m not a vegan, but I’ve realised how healthy the vegan diet is, so I devised a quick recipe for a relatively healthy ‘cheese’ cake dessert.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup sultanas
- 3/4 cup white quinoa
- Slice of lemon
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 6 heaped teaspoons soy yogurt (or greek yogurt)
- 1/2 cup soy milk (or cows milk)
- Half tablespoon maple syrup (or manuka honey)
- 8 blueberries
- 8 raspberries
1. Soak sultanas in tap water for 5 minutes
2. Cut up almonds into small pieces
3. Line cupcake tray with casings
4. Drain sultanas
5. Put sultanas and almonds in blender and chop until mixed together (I recommend using the Nutribullet – 5 seconds)
5. Press almond mixture into bottom of cupcake casings and put in fridge
1. Blend white quinoa, juice of the lemon slice, coconut oil, yogurt, soy milk until smooth and creamy
2. Empty mix into a bowl
3. Mix in honey (more can be added depending on desired taste) – don’t make too sweet as base is very sweet, and the cake must complement it.
4. Pour mixture into cupcake casings on top of base.
5. Slice cuts into blueberries and raspberries
6. Place raspberries and blueberries on top of cakes
7. Place in freezer for 6 hours
Lemon Yellow for a Vegan ‘cheese’ cake